Women have made their presence felt in all walks of life. On the one hand education has empowered them to aspire more; on the other hand the realities of life have put many challenges and impediments in their quest to fulfill their aspirations. In today’s society, we still find social discrimination and gender bias towards women. For the progress of any nation all round development of women is must.
FORWARD is a Karnataka-based women’s organization that aims at empower
• To empower women in all the spheres of life in order to uplift them educationally, economically, socially and morally. Women from weaker sections of society will be its main target.
• To fight against the exploitation of women, including abuse. Setting up legal aid centers and counseling cells for women.
• To secure the due status for women in society by making them socially productive and constructive members of society.
• Creating awareness about human rights, especially rights and duties of women. Training volunteers to be human rights activists in the country.
Vision & Mission
• To support widows, divorcees, disabled, and destitute poor women and children by providing them help and guidance in achieving self reliance, while taking care of their health and hygiene requirements.
• To eradicate social evils such as dowry system, gender bias, alcoholism, drug abuse, vulgarity, obscenity, adultery, and child labor.
• To promote high level of spirituality and upholding of moral values in society.
• To provide family counseling in resolving disputes and to improve life skills.
The following activities will be taken up in a phased manner to achieve the above objectives.
Economic Activities: Promotion of interest-free financial services in society, interest-free micro credit schemes for women, training in cottage industries…etc
Educational Activities: Adult education, promotion of e-literacy, sponsoring meritorious girl students for
higher education and professional education and providing hostel facilities to them, adoption of schools, establishment of career guidance cells, seminars, symposiums, and lectures on women’s issues, conducting surveys periodically to ascertain the status of women in society.
Other Activities: Starting homes for the destitute, taking up steps to reduce maternal and infant mortality rate, construction of sanitary facilities for women in the backward localities.
It has various progressive schemes to help women establish their own identity without compromising their self-respect, dignity, self esteem and modesty. In order to promote and secure peaceful family life, free family counseling centers are being run through out Karnataka in several districts. Women from all sections of society have benefited by these activities.
FORWARD has a vision and mission to reconstruct the lives of the oppressed women. Several schemes are in the pipeline to achieve its vision and mission.
FORWARD invites you to join hands with it to strive for the all-round progress of women.
ment and development of women in the state.
Remit your donation favouring FORWARD TRUST in A/c No. 30992365436,
State Bank of India, Richards Town Branch, Bangalore
“Shanti Sadan”, No. 52, 2nd Main,
1st Block, R.T. Nagar, Bangalore – 560 032.
Tel : 080 – 23432273, 97318 10196
Email: [email protected]